Even though school may not be in session, that shouldn't mean that AAC learning can't continue at home.
The Center for AAC & Autism offers resources for clinicians, including webinars. A comprehensive list of our offerings are included below.
Webinar: AAC in the Home Parent Guide
This webinar, led by John Halloran, M.S., CCC-SLP, offers tips and strategies to help parents, caregivers and others keep kids using LAMP Words for Life® engaged and growing their language skills.
Watch the webinar, and follow along by downloading the associated PowerPoint (below).
Download the PowerPoint presentation that John uses throughout the webinar.
In April 2020, the Center offered a three-night webinar. Titled "Let's Collaborate!," the series provided:
- An overview of a solution-based, psycho-social and educational approach to creating effective change through collaboration;
- Specific strategies and tools professionals can utilize to help their AAC users achieve authentic communication across all environments; and
- How the neurological and motor planning principles of the LAMP approach are compatible with both the fields of Applied Behavior Analysis and Speech-Language Pathology.
- Night 1: Collaboration Among Teams: Strategies for Creating Effective Change
- Night 2: Aided Language Input and Modeling Strategies for Successful Implementation
- Night 3: Speech Language Pathology and Applied Behavior Analysis: Using LAMP Principles to Find Common Ground