LAMP Certification For Individuals
Find a certified professional near you
LAMP™ Certification for Individuals
To develop and recognize LAMP competencies in individual practitioners.
Licensed and credentialed professionals from different disciplines who apply LAMP principles and practices in their existing area of expertise (such as speech/language pathologists, occupational therapists, special educators, psychologists, etc.).
Attendance at a one- or two-day Center for AAC & Autism sponsored LAMP workshop is required prior to applying for the certification program.
There is an application fee of $199 to enroll and participate in the certification program. Independent Study CEUs or NBCOT Mentorship PDUs available for an additional $60 administrative fee. All expenses incurred in completing requirements are the responsibility of the applicant.
Acquisition of certification is based on demonstration of clinical or educational competencies through case presentations, written and videotaped.
- Register by downloading the registration form and mailing it to The Center of AAC & Autism along with your application fee. You will receive a packet of information outlining the process along with releases for case studies.
- Demonstrate competencies through narrative and video presentations. Certificates are awarded at the sole discretion of the Center for AAC & Autism based on demonstration of educational and clinical competencies. Mentoring will be available during the certification process.
- Incorporate LAMP principles into a low-tech/no-tech AAC method: Provide illustrations/photos of the low-tech system along with one videotaped session of the client learning and using the system. A form will be provided for written discussion of how the system was set up and taught incorporating the principles of LAMP.
- Incorporate LAMP principles with high-tech AAC device and present a LAMP case study including:
- Videos of a) LAMP sessions once/month for three months: and b) one video demonstrating implementation in either a home or classroom setting. Practitioner is responsible for obtaining signed releases, which are available through the Center for AAC & Autism. Following review of the submitted material, the reviewer may request more information or discussion time with the practitioner.
- Written discussion of how the system was set up and taught incorporating the principles of LAMP.
- Practitioners must renew their certification every three years by completing one of the following tasks (at this time there is no fee for renewal):
- Submitting a new case study or update to the previously submitted case study
- Attending one Advanced LAMP Seminar
- Alternate activies as approved by The Center for AAC and Autism (example might include attending or hosting a LAMP workshop, hosting parent language support group, participation in LAMP research, mentoring in the LAMP approach, etc)
- Presenting a LAMP related session at a local or national autism/AT/ therapy/or educational conference
You must submit a copy of the program listing your session along with a PDF copy of the handout or PowerPoint.