Host a Workshop
The Center for AAC & Autism is able to offer trainings by working with host sites that can offer space for the presentations. In return, the host site receives ten free registrations for their staff and the opportunity for three of their clients to receive a one-month AAC device loan to try the LAMP™ approach.
Requests to host a LAMP training can be made by filling out the LAMP Request Form. Please make a request five months prior to the desired date of the workshop. Selection of host sites is at the discretion of the Center of AAC & Autism based on a number of factors (location, room capacity, number of applicants, presenter availability, participation in research, etc.). Once selected, the hosting center will be contacted to work out details.
Host Site Responsibilities Include:
- Providing meeting space and parking availability for at least 50 people
- Providing audio/visual equipment i.e. screen, projector, sound, etc.
- Introduce the LAMP trainer the day of the workshop
- Provide access to refreshments
- Assisting CAA staff with set-up and registration
- Local promotion of workshop (brochures provided); announcement of workshop and link to CAA website on host facility's website (if available)
- Identifying up to three candidates to receive a month-long trial with a voice output device (LAMP Extended Course only)
The Center for AAC & Autism will:
- Provide respected speakers and cover all related expenses
- Provide a quality course
- Advertise the workshop and your facility through targeted e-mails, brochures, and postings on our website
- Handle registrations
- Supply handouts and manuals
- Provide Certificates of Completion to all participants
- Provide ASHA approved CEUs
- Ten free registrations for host site employees for the LAMP and LAMP Extended courses and five free registrations for the Moving Forward course
- Free registration for the parents' of the clients that will be using the trial device
PRC (Prentke Romich Company) will provide:
- A one-month trial period with an Accent 1000 or Accent 800
- Additional training through the clients' local consultant and e-trainings