LAMP Certification For Individuals
Find a certified professional near you
LAMP™ Certification for Individuals
To develop and recognize LAMP competencies in individual practitioners and to provide parents/caregivers a database of LAMP-Skilled professionals who evaluate for and implement AAC that they may seek out for services.
Licensed and degreed professionals from related professions (e.g., SLP, OT, PT, Teachers, Assistive Technology, BCBAs, etc.) who have a background focused on child and language development and who apply LAMP principles and practices in their existing area of expertise.
Attendance at a one- or two-day Center for AAC & Autism sponsored LAMP workshop is required prior to applying for the certification program.
There is an application fee of $325 to enroll and participate in the certification program. Independent Study ASHA CEUs available for an additional $60 administrative fee (earn up to 2 ASHA CEUs depending on time spent in activities). All expenses incurred in completing requirements are the responsibility of the applicant.
Refund Policy: We’ll provide a full refund up until the point where a mentor has provided feedback on certification activities. The process must be completed within 2 years of application.
Acquisition of certification is based on demonstration of clinical or educational competencies through case presentations, written and videotaped.
- Submit the registration form below. You will receive a packet of information outlining the process along with relevant forms.
- Demonstrate competencies through narrative and video presentations. Certificates are awarded at the sole discretion of the Center for AAC & Autism based on demonstration of educational and clinical competencies. Mentoring will be available during the certification process which usually takes 3-5 months. It's expected that candidates will be timely in completing activities within 2 years (the maximum time allowed).
- Incorporate LAMP principles into a low-tech/no-tech AAC method: Provide illustrations/photos of the low-tech system along with one videotaped session of the client learning and using the system. A form will be provided for written discussion of how the system was set up and taught incorporating the principles of LAMP.
- Incorporate LAMP principles with high-tech AAC device and present a LAMP case study including:
- Videos of a) LAMP sessions once/month for three months: and b) one video demonstrating implementation in either a home or classroom setting. Practitioner is responsible for obtaining signed releases, which are available through the Center for AAC & Autism. Following review of the submitted material, the reviewer may request more information or discussion time with the practitioner.
- Written discussion of how the system was set up and taught incorporating the principles of LAMP.
- Practitioners must renew their certification every three years by completing one of the following tasks (at this time there is no fee for renewal):
- Submitting a new case study or update to the previously submitted case study
- Attending one Advanced LAMP Seminar
- Alternate activities as approved by The Center for AAC and Autism (example might include attending or hosting a LAMP workshop, hosting parent language support group, participation in LAMP research, mentoring in the LAMP approach, etc)
- Presenting a LAMP related session at a local or national autism/AT/ therapy/or educational conference