The AAC Resources Network is an innovative alliance of companies and organizations offering the industry’s most comprehensive range of assistive technology products, services and solutions.
- Adamson, L.B., Romski, M.A., Deffebach, K., Sevcik, R.A. (1992). "Symbol Vocabulary and the Focus of Conversations: Augmenting Language Development for Youth with Mental Retardation." Journal of Speech and Hearing Research, 35, 1333-1343.
- Beukelman, David R. and Mirenda, Pat. (2005). Augmentative & Alternative Communication. Baltimore: Brookes Publishing Co.
- Blischak, Doreen, Lombardino, Linda, and Dyson, Alice. (2003). "Use of Speech-Generating Devices: in support of Natural Speech." Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 19:1, 29-35.
- Cannon, B., & Edmond, G. (2009, April 14). "A few good words: Using core vocabulary to support nonverbal students." The ASHA Leader. 14(5), 20-22.
- DeThorne, Laura S., Johnson, Cynthia J., Waler, Louise, Mahurin-Smith, Jamie. (2009). "When 'Simon Says' Doesn't Work: Alternatives to Imitation for Facilitating Early Speech Development." American Journal of Speech Language. 18, 133-145.
- Erickson, K. (1996). "From Picture Producers to Real Language and Literacy: A Practical Guide." Paper presented at the 10th US Minspeak Conference, Wooster, OH.
- Millar, Diane C., Light, Janice C., and Schlosser, Ralf W. (2006). "The Impact of Augmentative and Alternative Communication Intervention on the Speech Production of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities: A Research Review." Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research. 49, 248-264.
- Ming, X., Brimacombe, M., and Wagner, G. (2007). "Prevalence of motor impairment in autism spectrum disorders." Brain & Development. 29, 565-570.
- Mirenda, P. (2008). "A back door approach to autism and AAC." Augmentative and Alternative Communication. 24, 219-233.
- Parsons, C. L., and La Sorte, D. (1993). "The effect of computers with synthesized speech and no speech on the spontaneous communication of children with autism." Australian Journal of Human Communication Disorder., 21, 12-31.
- Pinker, Steven. (1994). The Language Instinct. New York: W. Morrow and Co.
- Romski, M. A., and Sevcik, R. A. (1996). Breaking the Speech Barrier: Language Development Through Augmented Means. Baltimore: Brookes Publishing Co.
- Schlosser, R., and Wendt, O., (2008). "Effects of augmentative and alternative communication intervention on Speech production in children with autism: A systematic review." American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. 17, 212-230.
- Stuart, Sheela and Ritthaler, Christopher. (2008). "Case Studies of Intermediate Steps/ Between AAC Evaluations and Implementation. Perspectives on Augmentative and Alternative Communication. 17, 150-155.
- Vanderheiden, G. C, and Kelso, D. P. (1987). "Comparative analysis of fixed-vocabulary communication acceleration techniques." AAC Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 3, 196-206.